- Review the price list you received when you inquired about photos with Karah Couch Photography and decide whether you want a baby session or baby and family session.
- As soon as possible after the birth of your baby call Karah Couch Photography and let me know. The best time to photograph a newborn is in the first 10 days of life. There are exceptions to the rule, such as if your baby spends time in the NICU, but in general we will want to schedule your session as soon as possible.
- Don't worry about making sure your house is clean or picked up for me. I've been a new mom so trust me, I am not judging.
- Do gather any special items that you definitely want your baby photographed with
- Click Here to head over to my newborn photography survey and fill me in on your baby's details as soon as you can.
- If you have chosen to do a baby and family session, choose neutral clothing for yourself and your older children. Try to choose solid colors in the same family for everyone being photographed. For mom and siblings I will sometimes choose to wrap you in a neutral colored fabric and clip it behind you if that is something you are comfortable with. If dad or siblings choose, they can go topless.
- On the day of your session please try to keep your little one awake for at least 2 hours before I arrive. I know this may seem like an impossible task but trust me, it will make our session go so much more smoothly. Some tips on keeping baby awake: undress them, give them a massage, keep the lights on, talk to baby and make eye contact.
- After I arrive feed baby while I set up, that way we'll end up with a full and sleepy baby.
- Try to relax, I'll take it from here.
If you're expecting or have a newborn and you haven't booked a newborn photography session yet Click Here to read about what a session with Karah Couch Photography is like and contact me to get the ball rolling